Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Girls for June

Little Girls for June

In honor of gay pride month I did my ‘little girls’ of some personally favorite drag performers. Over the years, I have had the privilege of seeing them perform. After many years of seeing them around, I admire their creativity, but mostly their courage to be true to them self.

1) Sado Sutan- I first saw ‘Raja’ at OZ in Buena Park when I first moved back to LA. His performance at Peanuts of Chaka Khan’s ‘Through the Fire’ was GENIUS!!!
2) Dynamic Duo: Joey Arias and Sherry Vine- I have had the pleasure of watching both Joey and sherry perform in NY and LA and they will always remind me of my life in NY.
3) Princess Lepore- I am a huge admirer of Amanda Lepore. There are so many more little girls of her to come. Though I have only seen her a few short times, I have not had the pleasure of meeting her, yet she is a great muse in my life.
4) A Bunny in Bed- I have had the opportunity to run into The Lady Bunny in NY, SF, and LA. Seeing her always brings a smile to my face. Her mc performances at Wigstock are truly memorable and she has a voice I can always recognize even with my eyes closed.

I am grateful to the many drag performers who have brought joy and laughter into my life. They will always inspire me.

No comments: