Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Girls July

Little Girls for July

In honor of 4th of July and our country of independence, I have painted 2 little girls. I am proud to be an American citizen and grateful for the freedoms in our life.

1) Liberty- is dedicated to the most recognizable images of freedom. I remember seeing it for the first time and feeling proud of what it represented. It also reminds me of my time living in New York and the freedoms I have had in my life to express who I am and what I stand for.
2) Her Dark Knight- this piece is another tribute to the Obamas. Though Barrack is a dark silhouette, this piece is titled with the intention of Barrack being the super hero in Michelle’s life.

My ‘little girls’ as a collection represent the importance of freedom and possibility in my life. These 2 pieces are, therefore, even more meaningful in regards to the liberties in our lives.

No comments: