Friday, February 8, 2013

Dicks Cocks and Penises

I woke up this morning thinking about things… dicks, cocks, penises, pee-pees, wieners, weenies, pingas, vergas, organs, man hoods, horseys, sausages, packages, its, you-know-what’s, you name it… (Actually if you can think of any other names, please let me know.) 

It feels like I’m being called to do a new series of artwork. Could it be that my lack of sex, for almost 3 years, has lead me to this moment, possibly! It must be God sent. He created us; he created it. For the past week, I’ve been doodling dick, cock, penises…you name it. 

This morning while on my walk, I was thinking about the series and I started realizing that possibly it has to do with having had sex at 7 years old. I was still a little boy, but after sex, I became obsessed with these things, dicks, cocks, penises…you name it. At this time, the details of that first moment are irrelevant, but I know that my life took a different course, none that I regret of course. Especially if it’s led me to this moment and this NEW concept, which I don’t have a name for yet. For the moment, I’d like for the series to come from that innocent place, almost to the moment in time right before I did the ‘dirty deed,’ because it did feel dirty at the time. 

The piece here is titled “Eggs and Sausage.” It was the first thing I did after opening my eyes this morning. I did it on my IPAD, but I’m thinking of doing large acrylic portraits. As I move forward with the series, I’m curious about where it will take me; I love this newfound sense of curiosity. It’ll makes life interesting! 

After years of having gay sex, I wonder if it’s possible that the series can remain playful, uncomplicated, and possibly innocent? I believe so. I hope so. Ernest Hemingway once said, “All things truly wicked, start from innocence.” If for whatever reasons you happen to find this series, (of dicks, cocks, penises… you name it,) wicked, it ‘s not meant to be shocking, but hopefully a little thought provoking. 

Because after all I’ve been through, I’m still that little boy who used to LOVE new erasers on my #2 pencils.

No comments: