Friday, September 7, 2012

We Are All In This TOGETHER

                                                     
Happy Friday. 

I was going to write about something else this week, except that I found myself watching live coverage of the DNC. In all my years, I don’t ever recall watching this and I have to admit that I didn’t watch the RNC; I probably would have gone into a dark hole. 

Through my almost 44 years of life I have not been politically concerned until the recent future. And though I respect individual beliefs I can’t see how the Republican Party is concerned with basic human rights. I don’t get it. So much is based on greed and establishing moral standards based on overtly religious principles. How could anyone in the 99% vote Republican? What about our basic human rights? 

The piece here is titled, “Fist Pumping First Lady. The Obama’s inspire it. Though I don’t completely understand all the verbiage behind politics and in someway believe that both parties are corrupt, I will no doubt be voting for Obama. I truly believe he ‘cares.’ 

Rodney King once said, “Can we all just get along.” How simple is that. The key word here is ‘we;’ not in party lines, but in human lines. What if instead there were no parties and we had ONE Human National Convention. It would be a place where we could share our differences with respect and compassion. It would be about truly working together and making this a WORLD not just a place, but an AMAZING place. 

Clinton said, "We believe 'we're all in this together' is a far better philosophy than 'you're on your own.” Michelle Obama said something to the effect of when you go through the door of opportunity, you don’t slam it closed behind you; you reach back and keep it open for the person behind you. I got teary eyed. How could we do any differently? I don’t see the Republican Party doing this: I don’t see the same care and concern for our rights and well-being. I don't see love? 

WE are ALL in this TOGETHER. 

No comments: