Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Strange Tuesday

                                          
Ugh! After a 2-hour walk at 4am this morning, I'm now just getting up. It’s almost 10 a.m. I’m not sure why, but I couldn’t sleep. It feels like it’s going to be a strange Tuesday and the full moon has already passed. I’m I feeling the after effects? 

I normally work today, but I covered on a Monday for Digby. Today, aside from doing laundry and some light cleaning, I’m not sure what else to do with my day? I may do some painting or some digital stuff. 

Since this past Friday, I’ve had this idea to digitally work with words. There’s something about the simplicity of ONE word, in standing alone, meaning so much. Who knows where this will take me. Is it art? I don’t know. Time will tell. The piece here is an example of what I’m thinking. It’s titled, “No!” By looking at it, it can mean so many things to different people. I don’t even know what it means to myself? What do you see? I'm curious. 

My coffee tastes a bit bitter. My stomach is growling. And the cleaning ladies are already vacuuming the hallways. It’s going to be one strange Tuesday day. 

Albert Einstein said, “How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.” 

Thank you Albert for some very beautiful words. Though I often reflect on this thought, my actions aren’t always up to par and I tend to beat myself up for it. I’m doing my best; I always have. 

With Love, Ricky 

No comments: