Saturday, August 25, 2012

Date Me Gift

                                           Hello World! 

I’m just getting back to the apartment after a long days work at the NYC Gift Show. It’s been a great 5 days in NYC. Can I see myself living back here, I don’t know? 

On Saturday after 4 hours of work, I took a 7-hour walk with me, myself, and my 2 legs and feet. After 140 New York City blocks of walking without buses, subways, or taxis, I came home exhausted! 

I stopped at my favorite store UNIQLO, the MOMA Store, a first time visit at the MET and the Schiaparelli/Prada exhibit, a glass of wine at the rooftop garden, a stroll through Central Park, a quick bite at Shake Shack and alas a power walk through Time Square. 

Even when I lived here, one of my favorite things to do while in NYC is to take a super-duper-long walk; the city never fails to inspire me. In one episode of Sex in the City, Carrie says, she’s dating the city and she thinks it’s getting serious. On Saturday it felt the same way. I had a blast! 

The piece here is titled, “King.” It’s from my series, LITTLE. I wore a t-shirt with this image on it and I received my fair share of compliments. To this day, the 2005 movie version of King Kong remains to be one of my favorite movies. I love everything about it and I can watch it over and over again. 

In high school some boys once called me a loner; it bothered me at the time. But now I can’t imagine life without spending a little time with myself. I cherish the moments. It's a gift being able to be with oneself. 

A quote on Thinkexist.com says, “It’s so lonely when you don’t know yourself.” How sad it would be going through life without knowing oneself; I can’t imagine not enjoying my own company. In doing so, I’m able to appreciate my time with all the great love of friends and family. 

Thank you to everyone in my life. I love you all ☺ 

Salud! 

No comments: